Many people assume that foods such as steak, chicken pieces, grilled cheese sandwiches and frozen pizzas must exclusively be cooked in the oven, on the stove or on the grill. However, a CorningWare Microwave Browning Grill can be used to cook all of these dishes, and many more, with the speed that only microwave cooking can offer. There are specific instructions that must be followed in order for dishes used with the browning grill to come out of the microwave ready to serve.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cooking spray
- Oven gloves
Preheat the CorningWare Microwave Browning Grill in the microwave according to the size of the unit. For instance, a small grill should be left in the microwave for no longer than four minutes, a medium grill no longer than six and a large no longer than eight.
Cover the hot microwave grill with a coat of cooking spray. This helps prevent any of the food from sticking to the surface.
Immediately place the item to be grilled onto the browning grill's surface.
Place the glass cover onto the grill and cook the food for the amount of time indicated on the package. For instance, hamburger should be cooked for approximately four to five minutes in total, depending upon the total wattage of the microwave.
Open the microwave and flip the food after approximately 30 seconds to two minutes, or about halfway through the cooking process.
Wearing oven gloves, lift the CorningWare Microwave Browning Grill out of the microwave. Lift the glass cover from the unit and enjoy the food.
Tips and warnings
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the meat is cooked to the proper temperature. For instance, minced meat should be cooked to an internal temperature of 71.1 degrees Celsius.
- Allow the grill to cool before cleaning with hot water and liquid dish detergent. Pay special attention to the ridges on the bottom of the grill. There will an accumulation of fat from the food that was prepared.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for