Converting acreage into a metric unit of measure is a simple calculation. The metric equivalent of an acre is the hectare, abbreviated "ha." One hectare is equal to 2.471 acres.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Write down the factor 2.471, which is the number of acres equivalent to 1 hectare.
Divide the number of acres by the factor to convert acres into hectares. For example, to calculate how many hectares are in 123.55 acres, divide 123.55 acres by 2.471.
Complete the calculation. In the example, find that 123.55 acres is equivalent to 50 hectares.
Tips and warnings
- Visit a website such as AskNumbers.com to find online metric conversion charts.
- Visit Metric-Conversions.org for a free online metric conversion tool that converts acres into hectares.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for