The Canon Pixma MX330 printer is a multifunction machine that includes other options besides printing, such as scanning, faxing or copying. Each function is independent of the others, so it's possible to scan images to your computer's hard drive even if you don't have an ink cartridge currently installed. Scanning a document to your computer without using the ink cartridge only requires tapping a few buttons to choose your preferred scanning options.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Open the plastic lid on the top of the Canon Pixma printer to reveal the scanning glass. Place your image or document face down on the glass.
Align the top and left-hand edges of the document with the arrows on the top-left end of the scanning glass area. Close the top plastic lid to cover the document and scanning glass.
Press the "Scan" button at the front edge of the Pixma's control panel. Tap the "PC" button when the document type selection menu appears on the printer's control panel.
Use the down arrow key to highlight the "Auto Detect" option and press "OK." Tap either the "Black" or "Color" option to scan the image to your computer's hard drive in either black and white or full colour.
Tips and warnings
- Instead of pressing the "PC" option, you may want to use the "PDF" option to save the scanned document as a PDF file instead of a JPEG or other image type. The "Attach to Email" option automatically opens your default e-mail client and attaches the scanned image to a new message.
- You won't be able to print off copies of your scanned image if there is no ink cartridge installed in the Canon Pixma MX330 machine.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for