The Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One printer uses a PG-40 (Standard Yield) or PG-50 (High Yield) FINE Black Cartridge and a CL-41 (Standard Yield) or CL-51 (High Yield) FINE Color Cartridge to print. To change the ink in your MP150, you must remove the ink cartridge and replace it with a new one.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- New ink cartridges
Turn on your Canon PIXMA MP150 printer. Lift the scanning unit and hold it open with one hand. Slide the support arm on the right side into the groove at the right front corner of the unit so that the scanning unit rests in an open position.
Apply pressure on the top front of the first Canon FINE ink cartridge with your finger until you feel the cartridge unlock within its slot. Pull it from the slot and set it aside for disposal.
Grasp the tape end hanging from the new replacement cartridge and remove it carefully from the cartridge without touching the ink nozzles or the gold electrical contacts.
Hold the cartridge by its sides in front of the slot with the electrical contacts facing away from you and the front of the cartridge angled down slightly.
Slide the cartridge carefully into the slot and then push up on the bottom front of the cartridge until you feel the cartridge lock into the slot with a click.
Repeat the replacement process with the second cartridge if you need to change it.
Lift the scanning until the support arm pulls out of the groove. Push the arm back into its original position. Begin printing.
Tips and warnings
- If your printouts look misaligned after replacing ink cartridges in your MP150, perform an ink cartridge alignment. Push the "Maintenance" button on the control panel repeatedly until you see "P" on the display. Push "Black" or "Color" to print out a print head alignment page. In each printed column on the page, check off a circle next to the best-quality -- most solidly printed -- image. Lay the page face down on the scanner glass so that the top left corner of the page aligns with the bottom right corner alignment mark on the scanner. Push "Maintenance" again repeatedly until "U" appears, and then push "Black" or "Color" to align the cartridge. Repeat the process with your other cartridge if needed.
- Canon doesn't recommend refilling your FINE ink cartridges as ink leaks and damage may result. Additionally, the MP150 may have difficulty with ink level detection. This also applies to replacing a cartridge with a used cartridge.
- Never touch ink absorber, film cable, transparent film or any metal parts in the MP150's interior when replacing the FINE ink cartridges.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for