You always meant to keep in touch with your college roommate but life got in the way. Now, years down the road, just when life slows down enough for you to think, you write her a letter. It returns unopened with a stiff little stamp from the postal service letting you know that your friend no longer resides at that address. Thankfully, you can still locate her using her previous address as a basis for a source search.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with Internet access
Check the White Pages online at www.whitepages.com. Use the person's last and first name or their previous address to find a more current address. If their name is common, your search may be difficult, however.
Look on free people-finder websites. These Websites use the information that you provide combined with other data to produce results. One such Website is www.lookup.com, for which you must provide the person's name and preferably location.
Try a paid people-finder Website. These Websites use more extensive data to provide better, more reliable results. One such website is www.intelius.com.>
Tips and warnings
- Before using a paid search, try contacting mutual acquaintances to see if they possess the person's new address.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for