The battery in a Lexus RX330 is on the right side of the engine, between the air filter box and the driver's-side headlamp. It is secured to the battery tray with a stamped steel hold-down bar that bolts directly to the battery tray. It is a top-post battery with an estimated service life of 60 months. After this time, the battery's ability to retain a charge decreases quickly. Replacement batteries are available from auto parts stores and Lexus dealerships.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Metric box-end wrench set
- Wire brush
- Acid-resistant gloves
- Safety glasses
- Replacement battery
Turn off the engine and place the RX330's transmission in "Park." Set the parking brake and open the bonnet.
Loosen the bolts on the positive and negative battery terminals with a metric box-end wrench. Remove the leads from the battery. Clean the battery leads with a wire brush to remove any corrosion that may be present.
Remove the bolt securing the steel battery hold-down to the battery tray using a metric box-end wrench. Remove the bolt and the battery hold-down bar. Lift the battery out of the engine using two hands.
Install the new battery in the battery tray and reconnect the battery terminals. Reinstall the battery hold-down bar and start the vehicle to ensure that the battery operates properly.
Tips and warnings
- Lead-acid batteries used in passenger vehicles can be extremely dangerous. The acid in the battery can cause burns and ruin clothing. Always wear protective gloves and safety glasses when handling the battery.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for