Create an elegant dessert with only three ingredients fit for a wedding party. Start with a simple fruit tart recipe and adapt your recipe by using bite-sized tart shells. These individual servings do not need utensils for eating or serving and can be made in large or small quantities with ease. Even the garnish is a simple mint sprig, which does not require much effort to add, but it will make your homemade mini tarts look like they were professionally prepared.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 12 mini tart shells
- 1 cup canned fruit pie filling (any flavour) or fresh berries
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- Pastry brush
- 12 mint sprigs
Fill each of mini tart shells with 1 Tbsp of canned fruit pie filling or fresh berries.
Heat the apricot preserves and water over low heat until the preserves thin.
Brush the warmed preserves on top of the canned fruit filling.
Allow the mini fruit tarts to cool at room temperature.
Garnish each mini tart with a mint sprig.
Tips and warnings
- Look for mini tart shells at gourmet or speciality food stores or on the Internet.
- Estimate serving one to two tarts per guest at a wedding.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for