It's your first date, and so far everything is going to plan. Dinner was great and you felt the chemistry, but now it is time to end your first date, and you become nervous as you don't know what to say or do. Thoughts swirl though your mind about the whether there should be a kiss or a simple handshake. Questions abound as you wonder what to say and how to frame the words. Your palms sweat as you try to find the words to say thank you after the first date.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Be bold and take her hand in yours.
Look her in the eye and with your most charming smile say, "I have enjoyed your company tonight."
Look into her eyes and see her reaction. Wait for her reply.
Tell her, "I would like to see you again. Would you like to go ice skating this Saturday?" Wait for her response and keep smiling.
Place your free hand over your entwined ones and say, "Thank you for a wonderful evening. I will call you soon." Turn and walk away.
Tips and warnings
- Ask for your second date before you leave to let her know you like her. Pick out an activity she would enjoy doing with you. Call her to confirm the next date.
- Do not lean in to kiss or hug her, as this may be moving too quickly for her. Let her make this move on the first date if she is inclined.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for