Lockets are a way of safekeeping some of your favourite pictures. They are also great personalised gifts for loved ones. In rare cases, you might find that the face of a loved one in a picture is small enough to fit into your locket. If this is so, just trace the shape of the locket around the face and cut. Most pictures are not small enough to fit into a locket, so you will have to resize them to the correct miniature size.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring tape or ruler
- Digital picture or pictures
- Printer (or a scanner if you are having the picture or pictures sent away to be printed)
Measure the length and width of your locket.
Go to your "Pictures" folder.
Right-click on the picture you wish to resize and drag the mouse to "Open With." You will not need to click on it because options appear right as the arrow touches the words "Open With."
Left-click on "Paint."
Click on the selection tools. This looks like a dotted rectangle.
Crop your picture using only the part of the picture you want to use in the locket. You do this by right-clicking on the top left corner of the desired section and dragging down to the bottm right corner. Give a little extra space for cutting the shape of the locket.
Go to ""File" at the top of the page and select "Print."
Go to "Print Size" and select "Custom."
Enter the dimensions that you measured from the locket and left-click "Print."
Cut the picture the same shape as the locket and slide it into the inside of the locket.
Tips and warnings
- When cutting your picture, cut a little at a time. It is better to cut too little than to cut too much.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for