After booking a flight on Expedia.com, you may find that your travel plans have changed and you can no longer take the reserved flight. Cancelling your flight reservation on Expedia.com involves speaking directly to a customer service representative via telephone. While Expedia.com does not charge cancellation fees, be aware that most airlines will impose fees, and some tickets may not be refundable. However, patience and persistence can get you through this tedious task.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Confirmation Number or Reservation Information
Call Expedia at 1-877-787-3125, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Have your reservation information and confirmation number available.
Decide whether you want to pay the cancellation fees or pay to rebook the flight. The customer service representative will communicate to you what fees will be assessed, based on the airline's policies. Expedia does not charge its own cancellation fees, but has to charge for those expected by the airlines. You must decide if the cancellation fees are an acceptable loss. Sometimes changing the flight is a better option.
Inform the customer service representative of your decision. If cancelling or changing your flight, the representative will provide a cancellation or confirmation number. Your flight cost, less any applicable fees, will be refunded to your credit or debit card if the ticket is refundable; if the ticket is non-refundable, you will receive a credit with the airline to rebook your flight within 12 months.
Tips and warnings
- Be patient and persistent when cancelling or changing your flight reservation with Expedia---if your refund or credit fails to show on your statements, call again and speak with a supervisor if the representative cannot adequately satisfy your complaint.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for