Skype is an Internet telephone and instant-messaging application used by millions of people worldwide. Skype users can make and receive both video and audio calls directly over the Internet using their computers, transfer files to each other and chat via chat windows. Many people have more than one Skype account for personal and business uses, and Skype provides an easy way to merge the contacts from one account to another.
- Skill level:
Log in to your main Skype account--the one to which you'd like to merge your other account. Add your other Skype account to your contacts by clicking on "New+" and entering your second Skype username. You will get a prompt telling you that your other account must accept the contact request to be added to your contacts. Log out of Skype by clicking on "Skype" in the top menu bar, and selecting "Sign Out."
Log in to your second Skype account. You will get a message prompt in your new notifications that your first account has requested to add this account to its contact list. Click on "Add to Contacts." You should now see your first Skype account in your second account's contact list.
Send your contacts to your main Skype account. Right-click on the user name of your first account, and select "Send Contacts." Select all the contacts you'd like to send by clicking on the boxes next to their names. Click "Send" to begin the process of sending your contacts to your other account. This may take a few moments. Log out of your account.
Log back in to your main Skype account. In your notifications bar, you'll see a notice prompting you to add your other account's contacts. Follow the on-screen instructions to merge the contacts onto your main account's contact list. Once the contacts have accepted your requests to add them, they will show on your main contact list along with your other contacts.
Tips and warnings
- Your contacts will have to reaccept your main account's contact requests before they show on your list, so it's a good idea to include a note with the request letting them know that it's you under a new name.
- The Send Contacts feature is not available on Skype 4.0. It's only available on earlier and later versions of the software. If you're not able to send or receive contacts, try upgrading to the latest version (see Resources).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for