Badminton can be played professionally or at a laid-back setting like a family barbecue. Playing badminton means using rackets for every move. Sometimes these rackets become damaged or worn out if used for a prolonged period. You can replace the strings on a racket or even a damaged badminton grommet. Find grommets and grommet replacing tools at sporting goods stores or through online retailers.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Grommets for badminton rackets
- Grommet grinder tool
- Wire cutters
Purchase the correct size grommet for your racket. Bring in the racket to a sporting goods store and ask an employee for assistance. Or, look on the racket for a grommet size.
Take a 3mm grommet grinder tool and insert it into the grommet on the outside of the racket.
Twist the tool back and forth in the hole where the grommet is. Do this until the grommet disconnects from the racket's strip.
Remove the grommet that you're replacing.
Tips and warnings
- To complete the replacement procedure, insert a new grommet into the hole. Flip the racket over so you can see the inside of the frame. Cut off the excess grommet from the inside of the frame with a pair of wire cutters. Cut until you have about one-tenth of an inch of excess grommet left on the frame.
- Be careful when using wire cutters as they are sharp.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for