Loose waves, like you’ve been at the beach all day, are achievable for all hair types, regardless of whether you live near a beach or are completely landlocked. A sea salt spray gives you the look of wind- and ocean-tossed waves every day, without the damaging rays from the sun. Sea salt defines and amplifies the natural curl found in most hair, even straight hair, while conditioner cancels out the drying effect of the salt, leaving you with soft beach hair.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Spray bottle, 454gr or more
- 2 cups, water
- 1 tbsp, sea salt
- 1 tbsp, conditioner
Combine all ingredients in the spray bottle and shake well.
Spray damp, combed hair all over with the salt spray.
Comb through hair with fingers and twist sections to define the waves.
Let hair air dry.
Spray dry hair again lightly and scrunch your hair with your hands.
Shake sea salt spray well before each use.
Tips and warnings
- Sea salt is available at many grocery stores.
- Use your favourite conditioner or use a conditioner with a beachy smell, such as sea breeze or coconut.
- You can adjust this recipe for a more personalised effect depending on your hair type and preferences. Use more sea salt for oily hair or if you want more wave than the original recipe creates. Use more conditioner for dry hair or if the original recipe dries your hair out.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for