There are several ways you can quiet your grow room once it is completed. Since many plants require quiet and climate-controlled comfort, finding methods to enhance your grow room's sound barrier is essential. From carpeting to fans, there are many ways to achieve tranquil results. These solutions depend on your price range and level of commitment. A quiet grow room will allow you to cultivate healthy plants and flowers, even in the dead of winter.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Quiet fans or fan controllers
- Dark plastic, dark curtains or soundproofing foam boards
- Thick rugs or inexpensive carpet
Line the floor of your grow room with inexpensive thick rugs or carpeting. Do not waste money on expensive carpeting or other fabric flooring. Use carpet scraps or inexpensive throw rugs that can be replaced easily, in case of mould, mildew or moisture problems.
Cover any windows in the grow room. Use dark plastic sheeting, heavy curtains or soundproofing foam, such as Auralex. These coverings should allow some light through, while greatly minimising the amount. A quiet grow room not only needs dim lighting, but also protection from the common noises outside a window, such as barking dogs, power tools or children at play.
Install low-power fans that are known for their low noise quality, such as the Panasonic Whisperline fan. Low-power fans will effectively circulate the air without increasing the noise. Another option would be a fan controller---such as those made by ProGrow---which include a built in thermostat to override any fan speed that exceeds set temperatures. Fan controllers provide for a quieter running system, while lengthening your fan's lifespan.
Tips and warnings
- Be budget-conscience with your soundproofing, as many items will need to be replaced over time, due to moisture and temperature.
- Never use fibreglass for soundproofing, as it can shed particles into your cooling system and onto your plants.
- While incandescent light-bulbs are the most enduring and silent of electric lighting options, they also emit more heat. Carefully monitor climate control, if you must use these.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for