Microsoft Office is a suite of desktop applications available for Windows and Macintosh computers. Office applications include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. The iPad is a tablet computer manufactured and marketed by Apple Inc. The iPad runs the same operating system as the iPod Touch and the iPhone. The iPad features a built-in Mail application that allows you to send and receive e-mail from any Post Office Protocol (POP3) enabled e-mail account. The Mail application can also open Microsoft Word, Exel and PowerPoint Office files.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Cellular data or Wi-Fi connection
- POP3 enabled e-mail account set up on the iPad's Mail application
Send an e-mail with a Microsoft Office attachment to the POP3 enabled e-mail address you have set up on your iPad's Mail application. Your iPad can open Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
Tap the "Mail" icon on your iPad.
Select the email account you sent the Microsoft Office attachment to in Step 1. The Mail application will automatically download available incoming e-mails after you select the email account.
Select the email message that contains the Microsoft Office attachment.
Scroll down to the bottom of the email message. Click the Microsoft Office attachment icon to open the attachment. The Microsoft Office file will automatically open.
Tips and warnings
- To change the orientation of the Microsoft Office file, you can rotate your iPad 90 degrees.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for