Each Thinkway Buzz Lightyear model has a variety of special functions and features that sets it apart from the others. Despite the differences in design, the battery type, location and access process is generally the same. It only takes minutes to replace the used batteries with a new set in a Thinkway Buzz Lightyear.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small Phillips screwdriver
- AA batteries
Search the Buzz figure for battery bay doors sealed closed with tiny screws. Thinkway Buzz Lightyear figures may hold batteries in the backpack, legs, chest or remote.
Loosen or remove the small screws that hold the battery compartments closed. Press the red button on the figure's chest to extend the wings. Some backpacks are simply snapped onto the figure's back with posts pressed into holes below the shoulders.
Remove the old AA batteries and replace them with new ones. Follow the diagram on the inside of the battery bay to align the batteries correctly.
Tighten the screws to close the battery compartments securely. Reassemble any other parts that were removed. Test the toy to make sure the batteries are working and have been inserted properly.
Tips and warnings
- Do not put new batteries in a Buzz Lightyear if you notice the contacts inside the battery compartment are severely rusted and corroded. Remove the old batteries right away and replace the toy or have it repaired before using it again.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for