The HTC TyTN II is a cellphone manufactured and distributed by HTC corp. The TyTN is a Windows mobilemobile phone that runs the Windows Mobile Platform. It is possible to update this cellphone to windows 6.1 by downloading the software from the HTC website.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- USB cable
Plug your cellphone into your computer. The HTC TyTN II comes with a USB cable you can use to plug the phone into the commuter. Plug one end into your cellphone and then the other end into your computer. Make sure your computer is on when you do this. The computer will automatically sync your cellphone so you will be able to install the updated software.
Download the Windows 6.1 install package from HTC. Follow the link in Resources to the download page on the HTC website. Scroll to the bottom and enter your cellphones serial number into the text box that says "Serial Number." You can find the serial number by removing the back plate of your cellphone and the battery. Under the battery you will see a white patch with text on it. The serial number will be listed after the text "S/N." Select the file and location closest to you and then click "Download" and your install file will download onto your hard drive.
Run the downloaded installation software. Navigate to your download directory and double click on the executable file you downloaded from HTC. The file will now run the installer and detect your phone. Allow up to 30 minutes for software to install. After installation is complete the install program will say "Installation Finished." Your cellphone will now be updated to Windows Mobile 6.1.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure your phone is charged at least fifty per cent to insure it does not run out of power during installation. Upgrade can take up to 30 minutes.
- When you update your devices operating system all saved information on your cellphone will be deleted. Mare sure to backup your contacts and information before continuing with installation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for