A double chin occurs when fat located around the neck sags down and stretches the skin. It is most noticeable when an individual gains weight, but can also be hereditary. According to Shape Up America, your genes, cigarette smoking and excessive sun exposure can all contribute to sagging skin under the chin. Practicing healthy living on a daily basis is a must if you want to get rid of a double chin quickly.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plastic surgeon
- Sugar-free gum
Decrease the amount of fatty foods you consume immediately. The American Heart Association recommends choosing foods low in saturated fat, trans fat and cholesterol -- like fruits, vegetables, fish, fat-free milk products and lean meats -- to lose fat quickly.
Participate in full-body exercise workouts often. According to the Nemours Foundation, it is impossible to lose weight in one specific area, like under the chin, but you can tone your body and lose fat by incorporating healthy exercise habits into your life.
Partake in chin or facial exercises multiple times per day to help strengthen the muscles in your neck and under your chin. Point your chin upwards and pucker your lips. Hold this position for approximately 10 to 15 seconds and release.
If you still haven't seen the results you are looking for, you may want to consider setting up an appointment with your local plastic surgeon to request a liposuction procedure, which can remove your double chin quickly. According to the University of South Alabama Health System Plastic Surgery Center, liposuction is a surgical procedure that removes deposits of excess fat from specific areas of the body, face and neck and can be used to reduce a double chin. Carefully consider the pros and cons associated with getting liposuction, as the procedure is associated with several health risks. Having liposuction performed to remove your double chin may be the quickest way to lose the unwanted feature, but be aware that it will also be expensive.
Tips and warnings
- Try chewing sugar-free gum to help strengthen the muscles under your chin.
- Relying solely on chin and face exercises to get rid of a double chin quickly will not work. According to Shape Up America, exercises for the neck will firm and tone the underlying muscles in the neck and under the chin, but they will not change the structure of the skin and make it more elastic.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for