A meal at the beach can quickly be ruined by a windy day. Gusts of wind can send tablecloths whipping off of picnic tables, with lightweight paper of foam plates close behind. Double-sided tape or adhesive putty can be used as a stopgap solution, but a bit or preparation can ensure a tablecloth stays put for an entire day at the beach.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 package adhesive wall mounting strips
- Plastic tablecloth
Remove protective strip from one side of the adhesive tab.
Affix adhesive to table edge at one corner.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 at each additional corner and at middle of table on each long side.
Drape plastic tablecloth over top of table. Because the adhesive tabs are on the side and haven't yet been exposed, the tablecloth can be adjusted to fit properly.
Weigh down the tablecloth in position.
Remove the second strip from a single adhesive tab and press the appropriate portion of tablecloth onto it.
Repeat step 6 for remaining adhesive tabs, making sure to pull the tablecloth taut for each one.
Tips and warnings
- Some adhesive tabs can be removed without tearing by pressing down while pulling the release tab. With care, all tabs can be removed while preserving the tablecloth for reuse.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for