Skype is a software program that allows users to make voice or phone calls using the Internet. A common problem with Skype is having music playing in the background while on a call. This can be solved with a simple plug-in available from Skype's website.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Internet connection
- Audio playing software
Go to the Skype website on the computer and click on the Skype Extras tab on the left hand side of the page. Skype offers a plug-in software called MusicMaestro and Mood.
Click on the link for MusicMaestro and Mood to open the page. When it opens, click on the blue button titled "Get it now."
Follow the instructions to download the MusicMaestro and Mood plug-in. Once the file is downloaded, open and install the plug-in onto your computer.
Open audio playing software such as iTunes or Windows Media Player. Turn the volume up and press play on a song.
Open Skype and choose someone from the contacts list. Make a call to that person. When the call initiates, the MusicMaestro plug-in will automatically pause the music so that it is no longer playing during calls. Once the call is terminated, the music will resume.
Tips and warnings
- On some systems the plug-in may not work on the first call tried. To alleviate this problem, reboot the system and it should work.
- The MusicMaestro plug-in does not work with Skype 18.104.22.168
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for