Windshield wipers are an integral part of any automobile. When weather conditions become adverse, it can be difficult to see out of your windshield without good windshield wipers. If your windshield wipers are not completely displacing water out of your view when they are in operation, it is time to replace them. You can find new windshield wipers for the Lexus RX300 at local auto bodyworks garages or online.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 21-inch passenger side wiper blade
- 24-inch driver side wiper blade
Turn the wipers on. Turn them off when they are partway through their arc of motion.
Lift the wiper blade from the windshield, and locate the mounting clip attaching the wiper arm to the blade.
Push in the clip, and remove the old wiper arm by sliding it down and away from the blade.
Compare the new and old wiper arm to ensure that the new blades are the correct size. Reattach the new wiper arm by sliding it into the attachment at the end of the blade. There will be an audible click once the arm is secure on the blade.
Check the arm's rotation to be sure it has full range of motion. Slowly lower the arm back onto the windshield. Turn on the windshield wipers to ensure proper operation. Once you have seen them working properly, turn off the windshield wipers once more.
Repeat Steps 1 through 5 for the other windshield wiper.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not get the wiper arm onto the mounting pin completely, it could cause the arm to disconnect from the wiper blade while in motion.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for