Jobst thigh high stockings are a common choice for both every day and elaborate wear. Jobst thigh highs are comfortable and aid in the prevention and disguise of conditions like deep vein thrombosis and varicose veins. Be that as it may, stockings have a way of never wanting to stay completely smooth at the top, and this can make wearing them more of a nuisance than anything. You can perform a few simple steps to keep them in place.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Clean the inner silicone bands with a damp cloth after each wear, even if you wash them regularly. Doing so removes any natural oils and sweat that prevent the silicon from adhering to the skin.
Stay away from applying lotions, oils, and perfumes to your legs. All of these get in the way of the silicon's cling power. If necessary, wait a couple of hours after applying lotions before donning stockings. This will allow time for the substance to be absorbed into your skin, making it less of a hindrance.
If lotions have already been applied, or your stockings are still giving you trouble regardless, apply a dime size of talcum powder between the band and your legs. The powder dries your skin, while also giving it something to cling to.
Tips and warnings
- Stockings with wide bands stay up better than those with narrow bands.
- Stick to stockings with silicon bands, instead of those with elastic bands for maximum comfort.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for