Micro SD (secure data) cards store information such as Word, image and video files. Kingston microSD cards are used in many settings, such as schools, businesses and government offices, to protect data. Some Kingston microSD cards are locked for added protection. In the locked position, you cannot add or delete data from a microSD card. You will need to unlock your Kingston microSD card in order to save data on it or delete data from it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Remove the Kingston microSD card from whatever device it is kept in, whether it's a storage case, a digital camera or a GPS.
Find the small plastic switch on your Kingston microSD card. If you are looking at the microSD card with the arrow pointing away from you, the switch will be on the right side of the card.
Flip the switch on the card to the unlocked position. This will enable you to store and remove files on your Kingston microSD card.
Tips and warnings
- You can still view the files stored on your Kingston microSD card while it is locked.
- Damaging the lock switch on your Kingston microSD card can prevent you from accessing the files stored on it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for