A Toyota Corolla has numerous electronic components which require fuses to operate properly. Every now and then, a fuse will burn out or a short circuit may occur. When this happens you'll need to change the fuse. In order to change the fuse you have to locate the fuse box. A Toyota Corolla has two main fuse compartments, and its ideal to know the location for both if you ever need to change a fuse.
- Skill level:
Look under the steering wheel, to the left of the bonnet release lever. The interior fuse box panel is square with a plastic lip used for a handle. Pull on the plastic lip to open the fuse box.
Release the bonnet lock by pulling on the bonnet release latch under the steering wheel.
Lift up the bonnet then locate the battery.
Follow the battery lead cable toward the vehicle passenger compartment. The lead cable will run toward the fuse box. The fuse box--depending on the year of your Corolla--will have a metal or black plastic cover. Newer model Corolla fuse boxes are labelled, and will have a fuse reference diagram. Pull the cover off to access the fuses.
Tips and warnings
- Consult your vehicle owners manual to see a fuse diagram and location of your fuse box.
- Always disconnect power from your battery prior to changing fuses.
- Only use proper fitting fuses. Never try to force a fuse into position.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for