The Garmin Nuvi 1350 Global Positioning System comes preloaded with maps for either Europe or USA. To convert from Europe to USA, you need to purchase and install the USA maps. The maps for the Nuvi 1350 GPS are stored on a microSD memory card. The memory cards are swappable so as to easily move between maps. Although the maps can be downloaded from the Garmin site then stored onto a microSD card, it's most cost-efficient to purchase the microSD with the maps preloaded because both the download and the microSD card versions cost the same. If you purchase the download version, you'll need to buy an additional microSD card.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- City Navigator North America NT microSD card
Navigate to the Garmin website (see Resources). From the drop-down menu next to "Item:," select microSD/SD card.
Click "Add to Cart," then click "Checkout."
Sign in to "myGarmin" using your myGarmin username and password. If you don't have a username and password, click on "Create account" and fill out the requested information.
Finish checking out to purchase the microSD card.
Push in the microSD card that is inserted within the Nuvi 1350, then release the card. It will stick out from the side of the Nuvi 1350. Pull the card out of the slot. The slot is at the top of the left side of the GPS.
Insert the City Navigator North America NT microSD card that you ordered into the microSD slot on the 1350. Insert the card until it clicks, then release it.
Turn the 1350 on.
Tips and warnings
- If you decide to purchase the download version, you'll need a PC running Windows XP SP2 or later with at least 1 GB of RAM, a USB port, a 1024-by-768 pixel display and Internet access, or a Mac with either an Intel-based or PowerPC G4 or later processor running OS X 10.4.11 or later with at least 1 GB of RAM, a USB port, a 1024-by-768 display and Internet access.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for