In production since 1996, the Honda CR-V is a popular compact crossover sports utility vehicle. If your Honda CR-V offers a keyless entry feature, you can program a small remote to lock or unlock the vehicle's power locks with the push of a button. Use this simple process to sync up to four keyless entry remotes to your Honda CR-V.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Honda CR-V key
- Keyless entry remotes
Insert the key to your Honda CR-V in the vehicle's ignition cylinder. Turn the key to the "On" position.
Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on the first keyless entry remote.
Turn the key back to the first, "Lock" position.
Perform Steps 1 through 3 a total of three times before proceeding to the next step.
Turn the key to the "On" position.
Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on the keyless entry remote to sync it to your Honda CR-V. The power locks will perform a locking and unlocking cycle to confirm successful programming.
Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on the second keyless entry remote to sync it to your Honda CR-V. Wait for the power locks to cycle confirmation. Repeat this step to program additional keyless entry remotes to the vehicle.
Turn the key back to the "Lock" position to end the programming process.
Tips and warnings
- Avoid allowing more than five seconds to elapse between steps. A longer delay will cause the vehicle to exit the programming mode.
- Program all keyless entry remotes for your Honda CR-V at the same time.
- The keyless entry programming instructions may vary slightly by Honda CR-V model year. Contact a Honda dealership or service centre for model-specific keyless entry advice.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for