Working with a professional ironing system, such as the Italian-made DeLonghi Stiromeglio Compact Pro 300 Steam Iron, allows you to iron more quickly and efficiently. It includes a pressurised double-boiler, adjustable thermostat and steam flow, and an ergonomic cork handle. The steam iron provides effortless ironing to left- or right-handed pressers. It can be used horizontally or on hanging items, such as curtains. The DeLonghi Stiromeglio Compact Pro 300 Steam Iron comes with a three-year warranty for repairs.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tap water
Unscrew the steam generator cap, located on the side of the base unit. Fill the tank with tap water, using the supplied funnel. Use half distilled water and half tap water only if you have exceptionally hard water in your area.
Screw the steam generator cap back on securely. Plug the steam iron into the wall outlet.
Press the power-on switch for the steam generator, located on the front of the base unit. It will turn on the "steam generator on" light.
Press the switch with the iron icon to turn on the iron. The "iron on temperature" light comes on when the DeLonghi Stiromeglio steam iron reaches ideal temperature. Increase or decrease the steam amount by turning the steam regulation knob, which shows a small steam icon for less steam and a larger steam icon representing the maximum steam. Increase the steam amount to the maximum steam setting. You may smell an odour for a few minutes and see smoke if using the iron for the first time. Open the windows and doors in the room, in this case. The odour and smoke come from heating the sealers used to make the iron and is normal.
Adjust the thermostat regulation knob for the clothing fabric type. Wait until the "iron at temperature" and "steam ready" light appear. Both lights turn on and off during ironing as the temperature fluctuates.
Release steam continuously by pressing the steam button in and sliding the lock back. This procedure will heat up the tube between the steam generator and iron. Avoid burning yourself. Slide the lock forward when finished ironing.
Unplug the DeLonghi Stiromeglio iron after ironing. Place the iron on the iron rest if it has one, and allow the iron to cool. Do not drain the water in the steam generator.
Wrap the cord around the cable winder, located on the side of the base unit below the steam generator cap. Store the iron in a dry location.
Connect your DeLonghi Stiromeglio steam iron power plug into the wall outlet.
Press the "iron on temperature" switch by the iron icon to turn on the iron.
Turn the thermostat regulation knob for the fabric type you plan to iron. Wait until the "Iron at Temperature" light goes out when it reaches the ideal temperature setting for the fabric.
Unplug the DeLonghi Stiromeglio iron after ironing. Place the iron on the iron rest if it has one and allow the iron to cool.
Wrap the cord around the cable winder, located on the side of the unit below the steam generator cap. Put away the iron.
Tips and warnings
- Press the steam button a few times with the iron pointed away from clothing and the ironing board after using the steam for a few minutes or if using the steam iron for the first time. This keeps cold water from entering the steam circuit.
- Remove furniture marks from the carpet by letting the steam from the iron enter the flattened area. Brush the carpet pile lightly to restore it to normal.
- Never direct the steam jet towards any person or animal since this will cause serious injuries. Never direct the steam towards clothing while on a person.
- Never allow children to use this steam iron.
- Never use the steam iron with damp or wet hands or feet, in the bathroom, and never immerse the iron in water.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for