The Cisco 7961G IP phone features a high-resolution 4-bit grayscale display, double-byte character and Unicode text support for Extensible Markup Language (XML) application development, six programmable "Line/Feature" buttons, and four interactive softkeys, according to Cisco's website. The Cisco 7961G IP phone includes internal flash memory for software and firmware updates and automatic device configuration. If your phone is in an incorrect or uncertain configuration, you can manually reset the phone to its factory default settings.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Disconnect the power cable from the Cisco 7961G IP phone. Wait 10 seconds, then plug the power cable back into the phone. The phone system will begin to load.
Press and hold the "#" button until the "Headset," "Mute" and "Speaker" buttons begin to flash. Release the "#" button.
Press "123456789*0#" as soon as the "Headset," "Mute" and "Speaker" buttons begin to flash. The phone's display will read "Upgrading" while the device resets.
Tips and warnings
- If you enter the sequence incorrectly with duplicate sequential digits, the phone will still reset. For example, the phone will still reset if you enter "1123456789*0#" instead of "123456789*0#."
- Do not wait longer than 1 minute after the buttons begin to flash to enter the sequence or the phone system will continue to load regularly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for