Panasonic phones feature voicemail, which enables the caller to leave a message for you when you are away from the phone or it is not powered on. Messages are left at a call centre, which means you can receive far more messages than if you had to rely on an answering machine and the limited storage capacities that come with it. Once you program your voice mailbox, it is set forever.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Push the IP/TEL button on the phone until whichever line you want to record the message for is displayed. Press the "Greeting Rec" option when it comes up on the chosen line.
Wait less than 10 seconds, then push the "Greeting Rec" option again and listen for the beep. The beep will indicate it is time to start speaking.
Talk into the phone receiver from a distance of 8 inches until you finish saying the message you want to record. Push the "Stop" button when you have finished you recording.
Push the IP/TEL button to go back to the menu and select "Greeting Check" to listen to your newly recorded message. If you want to remove the recorded message from your voicemail, choose "Erase" after selecting the check option.
Tips and warnings
- Keep your message short and simple and speak clearly so you can be easily understood.
- Do not speak to closely to the microphone or the recording will be muffled and will not be audible.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for