Casio Illuminator watches are sports-style digital wrist watches that include helpful chronograph and alarm features. The factory-installed battery in Casio Illuminator wrist watches is designed to run for up to 10 years before replacement. When the time comes to replace the battery, you can avoid paying a jeweller's battery replacement fee by performing the same battery replacement at home. The battery replacement process is simple and straightforward.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Neoprene mouse pad or soft optical cloth
- Optical-sized Phillips screwdriver
- Optical-sized flat head screwdriver
- Replacement watch battery
Place your Casio Illuminator wrist watch facedown on a cushioned surface such as a neoprene mouse pad or table covered with a soft optical cloth.
Remove the screws on the back of the watch case to free the back cover of the Casio Illuminator. Set aside the removed screws and back cover until you are ready to reassemble your watch.
Remove the protective rubber gasket or plastic plate to reveal the battery compartment in the Casio Illuminator. Note that the battery is held in place by a metal strap. Release the metal strap to access the watch battery.
Pry the old battery out of the battery compartment of your Casio Illuminator wrist watch. Discard the old watch battery or recycle it if recycling facilities are available in your area.
Insert a new battery into the battery compartment of the Casio Illuminator. Align the watch battery over the battery compartment and apply gentle downward pressure until you hear the battery snap into place. Replace the metal battery strap.
Replace the previously removed protective rubber gasket or plastic plate. Place the removed cover over the back of the watch case, replace the screws and tighten them to complete the battery replacement process for your Casio Illuminator wrist watch.
Tips and warnings
- Hold the removed watch screws on a small magnet during the battery replacement process to avoid losing them.
- Replacing the battery in your Casio Illuminator wrist watch may void the manufacturer's warranty. Contact Casio customer service for more watch repair and warranty information.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for