Phoenix and Award merged in 1998 creating the Phoenix-Award brand. When it's time to update a Phoenix-Award Basic Input/Output System (BIOS), the free application BIOS Agent Plus scans your system to find the correct BIOS update for your system. BIOS Agent Plus is the official BIOS update and support centre for the Phoenix-Award BIOS. Updating your Phoenix-Award BIOS ensures your BIOS software remains compatible with your operating system and hardware to prevent as many system errors as possible.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Visit the BIOS Agent Plus website listed in the Resources section.
Select "Free BIOS Scan" to download the BIOS Agent Plus software.
Double-click the file to run the installer program.
Wait for BIOS Agent Plus to generate a report of your system's BIOS and drivers.
Locate the "BIOS" section near the top of the report.
Press the download button, if available, to download the latest BIOS for your system.
Follow all instructions provided with your Phoenix-Award BIOS update to update your system.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not see a red "X" beside "BIOS" in the report, no new updates are available.
- If you encounter errors running the BIOS update, visit the WIM's BIOS site for possible alternatives (see Resources).
- Only download and install Phoenix-Award BIOS updates. Using a BIOS update from another manufacturer will damage your system.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for