Drinking glasses cleaned with hard water will appear cloudy. Instead of purchasing new drinking glasses, you can remove the hard water stains at home with common items. Removing the hard water stains will return your drinking glasses back to their original condition, and you will save money by using inexpensive cleaning items. Treating your drinking glasses regularly with a homemade cleaning solution will ensure that they last a long time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Shallow container
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Small bowl
- Old toothbrush
- Lint-free cloth
Fill a shallow container with white vinegar. Soak the drinking glasses in the vinegar for 30 minutes.
Remove the glasses from the container. Pour baking soda into a small bowl.
Dampen the toothbrush. Dip the toothbrush into the baking soda and then scrub the drinking glass to remove the hard water stains.
Rinse the drinking glasses under cool running water. Dry them off with a lint-free cloth.
Tips and warnings
- Wash the glasses by hand instead of in the dishwasher to ensure that the glasses remain clear.
- Always dry the glasses off immediately after you are finished washing them to prevent the hard water from building back up on the glass.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for