Nintendo used several different drives in manufacturing their Wii and it can be difficult to identify which one came with your system. Different ones were used in different regions and countries. This information is especially important if you are looking to buy a used Wii. You will need to know which drive it came with to ensure it can be used for your particular region and will work with your games.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Wii serial number
Look on the back of the Wii console and write down the serial number.
Click the link under Resources (see below) to access the Wiidrives website, then enter your serial number.
Double check to make sure the drive that is associated with the serial number is for the region or country where you are residing.
Write down the drive information and you are finished.
Tips and warnings
- To ensure your Wii is usable in your region, always purchase from a reputable dealer.
- Do not purchase a Wii that has a drive meant to be sold in other countries.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for