Daemon Tools is a utility that allows you to create a virtual CD or DVD drive on your computer. Using Daemon Tools and the virtual drive, you can read disc images in the ISO format or in other formats as if you had the physical disc. The basic version of Daemon Tools is free. However, there is also a "Pro" version with additional features such as the ability to burn discs. If you have the Pro version of Daemon tools and a disc image file, you can create a physical copy of the image file on a CD or DVD.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Daemon Tools Pro Standard or Advanced
- Disc image file
- Blank CD or DVD
Launch Daemon Tools and click the "Burn Image" button at the top of the screen. Alternatively, click the "Tools" drop-down menu and select "Burn Image."
Click the "Device" drop-down menu and select your CD or DVD burner.
Insert a blank CD or DVD. Daemon Tools detects the type of disc you have inserted and displays it next to "Current Disc."
Click the "..." button under "Image File Path" and browse to the location of the disc image that you want to burn. Daemon Tools supports all common disc image formats including ISO, CCD, CDI, NRG and CUE. Double-click the image file.
Click "Start" to burn the image to a CD or DVD.
Tips and warnings
- Although Daemon Tools Pro Standard and Pro Advanced are commercial products, they have 20-day free trials. If you need a program that can burn CDs and DVDs, you can download an evaluation copy of Daemon Tools.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for