Converting microfiche to a PDF (Portable Document Format) is an economical way to preserve files, provide easier access and offer advanced search features. PDF files are also more clearly categorised, viewed and require less specialised equipment. Transportation is also simplified as the documents will now be in electronic format. Converting microfiche into PDF files is possible with the use of specialised scanners like NextScan microfiche scanners, Mekel scanners, Sunrise scanners and others.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microfiche scanner
Place the microfiche you wish to convert into your microfiche scanner. The scanner needs to be 200 DPI or greater.
Scan the microfiche into Adobe Acorbat (PDF) format.
Save the new file.
Tips and warnings
- If you have bulk microfiche, you may consider finding an imaging company that can convert these over for you.
- Regular flatbed scanners are not an option for converting microfiche.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for