You can weave hair in several different ways; sewing and gluing are the most common. Both methods are usually done by a hairdresser, but you can put a weave in yourself if you follow step-by-step instructions. Gluing a weave in is easier than sewing it in, but a sewn-in weave lasts longer. Another factor to consider is the type of hair used, human or synthetic. While synthetic hair is less expensive human hair looks more natural even though it costs significantly more than synthetic.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wefts (curtains) of hair – enough to cover you head to the length you require
- Curved weaving needle with a dull tip
- Hair weaving thread
- Hairdressing scissors
Wash and dry your hair.
Braid you hair into circular cornrows about the width of a finger, starting an inch or two from your crown and working outwards leaving some hair loose on the crown of your head.
Thread the needle.
Sew a weft of hair into the first cornrow you braided an inch or two from your crown.
Sew the rest of the wefts into the remaining cornrows.
Comb the loose hair on the crown of your head over the nearest weaves.
Cut the hair into the desired style.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for