Renewing your Ghanaian passport in the United Kingdom is not difficult, as you can obtain a new passport from any of the three Ghana Consulate offices. The Ghana Consul offices are in England, Scotland and Ireland. You can either post your renewal passport application or take it in to the Ghana Consulate direct. It will take two weeks for your new passport to be issued.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Postage stamps
- Old passport
- Photocopy of old passport
- Four recent studio passport photographs, 29mm x 39mm
- Professional witness
- Banker's draft or postal order for £100 made payable to Ghana High Commission or £100 cash
Log into the website for the Ghana High Commission Select "The Consular Section" from the menu buttons on the left hand side of the screen. Click on the Ghana Consulate office that you will using and write down the opening hours, as you will need this information when you collect your passport. They are listed below the Ghana Consulate office addresses. Select "Download Passport Form" from the menu on the left hand side of the screen. Select the option for "Renewal Passport Option" on the right hand side of the screen. Submit the requested information and verification, ensuring that all details are entered correctly. Download the Application for a Republic of Ghana Passport form to your computer. Print out the passport application form.
Ghana High Commission 104 Highgate Hill London N6 5HE England +44(0)208-3427-500
The Honorary Consulate-General Republic of Ghana Swalaba 17 Bellevue Road Ayr KA7 2SA Scotland +44(0)-1292-260-466
Ghana Consulate, Dublin Republic of Ghana 74 Haddington Road Dublin 4 +11-353-1667-3849
Complete your passport application in black ink and in capital letters.
Take your passport application form and photographs to your official witness. Your witness will need to complete and stamp section 15 of the passport application. The witness will also need to sign the reverse of one photograph to confirm that it is a true likeness of you.
Attach a registered and stamped self addressed envelope to the application form. Assemble and enclose all documentation as follows into an envelope: your old passport and a photocopy of the old passport, your £100 fee, the completed passport application form, stamped, addressed envelope and the four passport photographs. If you prefer, you may take your passport application form to the Ghana Consulate offices yourself.
Your old passport will be returned to you in the registered envelope that you provided.
Go to the Ghana Consulate office, after two weeks have elapsed, to collect your new passport.
Tips and warnings
- Applicants who cannot read or write can have their passport application completed by a representative who will need to complete section 14 of the passport application form.
- You may prefer to take your passport application to the Ghana Consulate and this is acceptable. This does mean you have to make two journeys as you will need to collect your new passport in person.
- Ensure that the information you supply to the Ghana High Commission website is correct. Your passport application will be rejected if details submitted online are different to details on your documentation.
- The Ghana Consulate office may call you in for an interview to discuss your passport application form.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for