The PlayStation 3 is a powerful video game console that mirrors many features of a computer, such as playing multiplayer games through the Internet, playing movies and downloading games straight to the console. The PlayStation Store stocks a wide variety of games you can download to your PS3 system, both free and fee based. You simply need a PlayStation Network account to begin downloading games to your PS3.
- Skill level:
Turn on your PlayStation 3. Select the "Playstation Network" menu. Click "PlayStation Store."
Enter your username and password in the provided boxes and click "Sign in" to sign into your PlayStation Network account. Click "Sign up" if you do not have an account. You must enter your basic information, such as your e-mail address, name, address, state and ZIP to sign up for an account. You can also elect to enter your credit card information for future purchases.
Scroll through the types of games you wish to download and select one, such as demos, full games, arcade, strategy and first-person shooter. Scroll through the game titles and press "X" to select one. The game titles are organised alphabetically.
Click the "Download" button if the game is a demo or a free download. The game will begin downloading to your PS3. Click the "Buy Now" button if you must purchase the game with money. Select "Yes" when a confirmation screen appears. The game will begin downloading to your PS3. All games appear under the "Game" menu in the PS3 home screen when they are finished downloading.
Tips and warnings
- Funds will automatically be added to your PS3 Store "Wallet" when purchasing a game you do not have funds for, if you have the required credit card information on your PS3 Network account. You must enter a valid credit card number when clicking the "Buy Now" button if you do not have credit information on your account.
- The "Download" button will only appear if the game is free. The "Buy Now" button will only appear if the game costs money.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for