For most men, losing their hair is an extremely sensitive issue. But what most people may not realise is that the loss of hair can be attributed mostly to excessive hormones rather than genetics. Hair loss in men often starts because of a hormone called dihydrotestosterone, or DHT. High testosterone hormone levels in the male body promotes DHT, which destroys healthy hair follicle cells. Hair loss treatments can help retard baldness; however, many natural DHT blockers can stop dihydrotestosterone at the root of the follicle and help combat hair loss.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Nizoral shampoo
- Saw palmetto herb
- Pumpkin seed oil
- Green tea
Use Nizoral shampoo twice a week between regular shampooing to keep DHT levels in check. Massage the shampoo into the scalp thoroughly with your fingers, making sure the scalp is well saturated before rinsing.
Take 1,200 to 1,500 milligrams of saw palmetto herb daily to help stop the development of DHT and prevent it from binding with hair follicles.
Ingest pumpkin seed oil to inhibit formation of DHT. The inhibition of DHT is especially beneficial for age-related hair loss.
Drink 4 cups of green tea daily to reduce DHT and facilitate regrowth.
Tips and warnings
- Taking vitamin and mineral supplements daily will stimulate natural hair growth.
- Towel dry rather than blow dry hair as heat can be detrimental to weak or thinning hair.
- Avoid braiding hair or wearing ponytails as it adds weight to the hair and strains it at the root.
- Don't take saw palmetto herb on an empty stomach, as this may cause minor side effects such as stomach irritation or feelings of indigestion.
- Don't use Nizoral shampoo more than twice a week. Excessive use may lead to a dry scalp.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for