A remote desktop connection allows a user to access the desktop of a computer while working on another computer. If the remote desktop client becomes damaged, it can prevent the user from being able to connect to another computer. Reinstalling the remote desktop client over the corrupted one replaces the corrupted components of the client being replaced. To reinstall the remote desktop client, a user needs the Windows installation disc.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Windows installation disc
Insert the Windows installation CD into the computer's CD-ROM drive.
Click "Perform additional tasks" on the "Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP" window, then click the "Setup Remote Desktop Connection" option.
Follow the on-screen instructions when the Installation Wizard launches.
Tips and warnings
- Reset your connection to the other computer after using this method.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for