Vitiligo causes the skin to lose melanin, which is the substance that gives colour to the skin, hair and eyes. The cells that produce melanin die, causing the affected area to become white. The cause of vitiligo is still unknown and no definite cure exists for the condition. Doctors usually recommend topical corticosteroids, oral steroids, light therapy or skin grafting to prevent vitiligo from progressing and to restore pigment to affected areas. Manufacturers of vitiligo oil claim that it can treat the condition with regular use. Consult your physician before using the product.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Vitiligo Oil
Wash the affected area using plain water.
Dry the area with a towel.
Pour some of the oil on the affected area of skin and use your finger tips to massage it into the skin.
Wash off the oil using plain water between 6 to 12 hours after application.
Repeat application every 24 hours.
Tips and warnings
- If you have to wash the oil less than six hours after application, apply the oil twice daily.
- Apply the oil at the same time for the same duration every day.
- Minimise exposure to sunlight during treatment.
- Avoid eating fish, meat and eggs during treatment.
- If you have sensitive skin, you could experience irritation or get rashes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for