Many fish, like catfish and trout, enjoy certain flavours, which makes creating enticing bait a lot easier. One of the particularly popular tastes that these fish are partial to is liquorice, which is the predominant flavour of anise. A simple way to administer anise is in oil form, where it goes by the name anise oil or aniseed oil. When fishing with anise oil, you are able to naturally attract and lure many fish successfully.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Fishing equipment
- Anise oil
- Cod liver oil
Spread out a cloth on your table and set all of your fishing items like hooks and bait on top of the cloth. The cloth will help protect your table from the oil.
Add 20 drops of anise oil into 59.1ml. of cod liver oil and mix the oils together thoroughly. Use an eyedropper to maintain a steady flow of drops.
Pour the combined oils into a small spray bottle and apply an even layer over all of your bait, lures and hooks.
Turn your equipment over and make sure that every side of each item is covered in the oil mixture. Put together you fishing line with the oiled equipment and fish like you normally do.
Tips and warnings
- Keep the anise spray in your tackle box, so you can always apply more oil while you're out fishing.
- Do not get the anise oil into your mouth, as most varieties are not food grade.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for