A fishing net is thrown into the water and used to sieve out a large number of fish in one swift motion. The size of the holes in the net allow you to control which fish you will keep and which will be allowed back out of the net, which is why it is important not to have any tears or rips in the net. You can fix damages in fishing nets quite easily, but you need to be consistent and patient when tying in order to get good results.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- String the same material as your fishing net
- Sharp scissors
Trim the extra string from the tear of the net with the scissors.
Pass a piece of string through the most complete hole on the top right of the damaged area and pull it through so you tie a knot from the two lengths of new string around the old string of the net.
Pass the loose end of the string through the next complete hole to the left of the one you tied the knot around. Tie this knot and all of the consecutive ones very tightly.
Tie a knot around the second hole with the new string. While you tie the knot pull down the length of string running between the two holes to form a new hole that is consistent with the size of the original holes on the net.
Keep working to the left until you have added a full row of new holes that look like the old hole. Continue to work in long, straight rows until you have joined all of the torn or ripped edges of the damaged area with the new string.
Trim the extra hanging length of string wherever you started the length of string with sharp scissors. Do not cut too close to the knot or you may cause it to unravel.
Tips and warnings
- You can use more than one length of string if the damage is large by just knotting together the ends of new strings.
- Pull each knot very securely only once you are sure you have the correct hole size pulled out or you will have inconsistent net holes at the end.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for