A Toshiba DVD player, like all stand-alone DVD players, is configured in the factory to play only DVDs containing the same country or "region" code. To enable the Toshiba to play a DVD that is designated for another region, make a few adjustments to a hidden menu. The procedure is straightforward and does not negatively affect the DVD player in any way. Nor does it void any warranty that might be in place.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Toshiba DVD player remote
Press the power button on the Toshiba DVD player remote. Press the "Open/Close" button to eject the disc tray. Remove any disc that might be on the tray before proceeding.
Press the following keys on the remote in this order: 2,4,0,3,9,6,0.
Press the "9" key on the remote.
Press the "Open/Close" button to close the disc tray. Press the power button to turn the Toshiba DVD player on.
Tips and warnings
- There are DVD players, including some manufactured by Toshiba, that are already configured to play DVDs from different regions.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for