Fungus likes to grow in dark and damp locations. As a result, it frequently will grow on the feet -- a condition known as athlete's foot. The fungal infection thrives on damp shower floors and can be easily spread in a communal shower environment. Other powerful fungus infections can grow under the toenail, and they can be difficult to cure. Sea salt is an effective remedy against powerful fungus infections, especially when mixed with several other ingredients.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Nail file
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 pt. water
- 1 cup white or apple cider vinegar
- Soft towel
File down the nail as much as possible if you have a powerful fungal infection underneath a finger or toenail. This will give the sea salt easier access to the infection.
Mix sea salt with warm or hot water. Avoid using water so hot that it can burn you. Mix in white or apple cider vinegar.
Soak the infected area thoroughly in the solution for 10 to 15 minutes per day until the infection is gone. Ten days should be enough to kill the infection, but soak more as needed.
Dry off the infected area thoroughly with a soft towel.
Tips and warnings
- Severe infections might require the attention of a doctor, who can prescribe an oral medication in addition to topical treatments.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for