Volvo radios come with an antitheft feature that requires the car owner to enter a code to "unlock" the radio. The code needs to be entered when the car is new, whenever the battery has run down or has been disconnected, and whenever the radio has been disconnected from the vehicle. Entering the code takes just a few moments -- but you will need correct code.
- Skill level:
Turn the radio on by pressing the power button. If you see a message on the screen that says CODE, this indicates you must enter the Volvo antitheft radio security code. Each radio has its own unique four-digit code.
Locate the credit card-sized Volvo radio code card, which dealers often place in the cover of the Volvo manual when you purchase a new Volvo. The card will have a four-digit code consisting of numbers ranging from 1 to 6.
Enter the code on the card using the preset radio buttons. For example, if your code is 2532, press the button for radio preset 2, followed by radio preset 5, radio preset 3 and finally radio preset 2. Your radio should now work.
Tips and warnings
- Avoid intentionally disconnecting the battery or letting it run low if you wish to avoid having to reset the radio code.
- Copy your radio code and keep it in a safe place so that you will have access to it even if you lose your card.
- If you do not know your radio code or where to find the code card, contact your dealership.
- If you enter the wrong code three times, your radio will lock. You will need to wait two hours (with the car off), before it will reset and allow you to re-enter a code.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for