Cell phones contain an internal memory system similar to the one inside your computer. The operating system on your device uses this internal memory system to store application data, contact information and other information your cell phone needs to operate. Advanced cell phones also contain a slot for external memory storage. With this storage, you can save pictures, video and other information. You can view both the internal memory and the external memory on your cell phone through the settings applications.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Press the "Menu" key to open the list of applications.
Use the navigational keys or touchscreen to scroll to "System Tools," and press "OK" to open the application.
Scroll to "System Memory" and press "OK" to open the memory file.
Press the "Menu" key to open the list of applications on your cell phone.
Use the navigation keys or roll the touch screen down to "Settings and Tools" and press "OK" to open the settings application.
Use the navigation keys or roll the touch screen to "Memory," and press "OK" to open the memory screen.
Tips and warnings
- You cannot alter the internal phone memory from the "System Memory" application. However, deleting add-on applications or saved pictures and video will free up internal memory.
- You can view the items saved on your microSD memory card by inserting the card into your computer. You will need a microSC converter to make the miniSD card large enough to fit into your computer's external drive slot.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for