The main reason why people choose to reset their printers is to be able to use their ink cartridges past the expiration date. Epson, just like most other printer manufacturers, doesn't want people to reset their printers, so the company doesn't incorporate an easy method for doing this. The only way to reset the Epson CX3900 is to do so through a third-party application called the SSC Service Utility. The application is free and works with most Epson printer models.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Enter "ssc service utility download" into your search engine, and press "Enter." Softpedia and Brothersoft are the two main sites that come up. Choose whichever site you prefer, and click "Download."
Click "Save File" when the pop-up prompts you.
Click on the SSC Service Utility icon when your download is complete.
Click on the "Configuration" tab.
Select your printer from the drop-down list, and then close the window.
Right-click on the SSC Service Utility Icon located on your task bar. Select "Protection Counter," and then click on "Reset Protection Counter."
Click "Yes" when asked if you replaced the waste ink pad.
Click "OK" in the pop-up confirming that the waste counter was reset.
Tips and warnings
- Its a good idea to make sure all your drivers are up to date before making alterations to your printer.
- Using expired ink can cause damage to your printer and void your manufacturer's warranty.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for