Photo booths are a great way to add some fun to a wedding, company holiday party or retirement party. Instead of buying a manufactured photo booth, build your own photo booth using ½-inch plastic piping for the stand and a few yards of material from a drapery shop. Doing the project yourself will enable you to build a portable photo booth that can be dismantled and transported from event to event.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 8-by-8-foot piece of fabric
- 2 pieces of 6-by-8-foot fabric
- 3 pieces of 8-foot-long 1/2" PVC piping
- 3 pieces of 7-foot-long 1/2" PVC piping
- 2 pieces of 6-foot-long 1/2" PVC piping
- 6 "T" connectors for 1/2" PVC piping
- 4 "L" connectors 1/2" PVC piping
- 8 pieces of 12-inch PVC piping
- Stool or Bench
- Compact digital camera
- Duct Tape or heavy duty clips.
Take one of the 8-foot spans of ½-inch PVC piping and attach a "T" connector at the both ends. Attach an "L" connector into the other top opening of the "T" connectors. The 8-foot span will be the back of the photo booth. The "L" connectors should be pointing forward.
Insert one 6-foot span of ½-inch PVC piping into each of the "L" connectors. The three pieces of PVC piping should form a "U" shape.
Insert an "L" connector at the end of the two 6-foot PVC pipes. Point the open part of the connector point toward the floor.
Insert two of the 7-foot spans of ½-PVC piping into the bottom opening of the "L" connectors, and the other two 7-foot spans into the bottom opening of "T" connectors. These will form the legs for the photo-booth backdrop stand.
Attach a "T" connector to the bottom of each of the legs. Insert one of 12-inch spans of the PVC piping into each of the bottom "T" openings. These spans will form the base for the stand.
Attach the fabric to the top spans with a clamp or duct tape. Black fabric is a frequent choice, but any colour will work.
Position a stool or bench 2 feet in front of the rear portion of the backdrop. Place the digital camera on a tripod and position the tripod approximately 4 feet in front the stool. Turn the camera on, set it to "Automatic" and begin taking pictures.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for