For many people, the risk, pain and cost of undergoing plastic surgery to reshape their nose is not worth it. The nose can easily be reshaped naturally by using a make-up technique. Reshaping the nose using make-up can conceal a more prominent nose or make a narrow nose appear larger. Using a shade darker than your natural skin tone will create a shadow and make areas appear smaller, while using a shade lighter will enlarge or bring more focus to an area. Your particular nose shape will determine where the contrast and highlights need to go.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Foundation one shade darker than your skin tone
- Foundation one shade lighter than your skin tone
- Concealer one shade darker than your skin tone
- Concealer one shade lighter than your skin tone
- Concealer brush
- Foundation brush
Apply a tiny bit of concealer that is one shade darker than your skin tone to the centre of your nose using the concealer brush.
Using the concealer brush, apply concealer that is one shade lighter than your skin tone to both sides of your nose. Keep applying the concealer until you reach your nostrils and acheive the desired width.
Blend together the make-up on the centre of your nose and that on the sides.
Using a foundation brush and the best foundation for your skin type, apply a foundation that is one shade darker than your skin tone. Start from the inner portion of the eyebrows, down the sides of the nose until you reach the nostrils.
Apply a foundation that is one shade lighter down the centre of the nose. Blend the two foundations where they meet using a foundation brush.
Cover the foundation with a transparent powder. This will avoid shine, which makes the nose appear larger.
Apply a foundation that is one shade darker than your skin tone to the area of the nose in between the two nostrils.
Apply foundation over the rest of the nose using a foundation brush. The darker the foundation used, the smaller the overall appearance of the nose will be.
Blend together the shaded middle area of the nose with the rest of the foundation using a brush to create a natural appearance.
Tips and warnings
- For larger or broad noses, avoid putting moisturiser on the nose. This will help prevent the nose from getting shiny, which makes the nose appear larger.
- Apply powder all over to set the foundation or concealer and prevent shine.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for